Thursday, July 16, 2009

Americana Centerpiece




I made this for my dining room table, because I really like to have something there all the time, and since my house is decorated in Americana I thought I would raid my stash, and make one.. I also am going to use this as my entry for the Today's Momma, and cricut contest. You can check out the rules here: http://www.todaysmomma.com/ click on giveaways.. and http://www.cricut.com/ it is listed under cricut chat.
Here are all the directions for putting this together. Thanks for looking!!!! :)

1.) Using the Walk In My Garden Cartridge I cut out the aster flower at 3 inches, and then at 2 3/4 inches, and again at 3 1/2 and 3 1/4 then the last size of 3 inches. I cut these out several times using the americana patterned paper.
2.) Using the Graphically Speaking Cart, I cut out the flag on the Icon Blackout at 5 1/2 inches. I did this twice.
Then I cut out the flag using the Icon key at 5 1/2 inches. I did this twice as well.
Then I cut out the star using the Icon Shift Key at 5 1/2 inches. I then attached all the pieces together, inked the edges of the flag using Tim Holtz distress ink in Brushed Corduroy. I inked the star after embossing it with the swiss dots cuttlebug folder in Tim Holtz distress ink in fired brick.
3.) I cut out the freedom cut at 4 3/4 inches. I inked this with the brushed corduroy ink as well.
4.) Using Accent Essentials I cut out accent 18 at 6 inches, and then cut out accent 24 at 4 1/2 inches. I also inked these with the corduroy ink.
5.) Using Walk In My Garden again, I cut out the Blossom at 2 1/2 inches using Stampin Up Cardstock, in the latest In Colors. Cut out the aster at 3 inches in the cardstock as well.
I ran these through the cuttlebug as well, using the swiss dots folder, and inked them with the corduroy ink.
6.) I used flower foam and hot glued it to the bottom of the tin.
7.) I inked all the skewers using Tim Holtz distress ink in Fired Brick, and Weathered Wood. Some of the skewers I had to cut down, it just depends on preference... and where it is placed in the tin.
8.) I was able to tape the larger pieces to skewers, however on the smaller pieces, I had to use a hot glue gun. I glued one of the flowers to one side, and then glued the opposite flower to the other side, in a pinwheel like pattern.
9.) On the bigger flowers, with a hole in the middle, I hot glued a crystal to the middle to add a little sparkle.
10.) I arranged all the pieces in the tin, and played with it until it looked okay.
11.) I then took red tissue paper and folded it in triangles and cut it to fit, and covered the foam all around the tin, and fussed with it until it looked right.

I hope I covered everything I did, and all the materials I used, I really had alot of fun making this, and plan on doing some holiday ones for fall, and christmas... I just don't like my table to be bare... lol.. Thanks for looking!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment