Saturday, June 12, 2010

a little poem I wanted to share..

I wrote this about a week ago. It is still in it's raw form, I need to go back and change a few things to make it sound better. I was up late, and this just popped in my head. I am soo glad I am able to still think of poetry! It has been 15 years since I have written anything! :)

Waves crash on the forlorn shore
Loves memories scattered among the sand.
Her gaze out to the ocean covered in tears.
Long too long has this sadness been.
Sand falls from her fingertips as she gently rakes the beach
Slowly, surely with a tender cry she gives her last memory life.
Gone is the hurt, the numbness, and strife, for a love soo long gone.
Loves whispers left this place long ago, evenso she held tight to the memory of it's birth.
Always longing for a return of what never can be.
Slowly she rises the waves crashing in on the shore, she gathers what remains of love's loss.
Steady she goes, relief flooding her as she gives her memories to the sea.
Loves no more.
She turns to go, and the floods of pain release she is finally free. A prisoner to it no more.
Long she walks that night, feeling the wind caress her cheek, whispering to her of love so pure and so right.
The glistening water reflects the beauty of pain and love so deep.
She breaks the calm as she steps in, flooding relief envelopes her
Loves last whispers to her
Goodbye, Goodbye, love is no more.

Still need to do some editing and stuff, but that is it. Just was soo good to write something when it has been soo long. I used to write soo much.
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

2 comments: